World Bank Group Job Circular 2020 has been created an attractive career opportunity. It’s the most important and valuable jobs notice to unemployed people. It’s an international bank and world bank is being continue to serve customer across the world. World Bank Job Circular 2020 has been found our website that is jobs.lekhaporabd.com
World Bank Job Circular want to recruit a few number of people to increase capability of banking system. It’s a huge opportunity to unemployed people,Who want to do in this sector. World Bank is the most valuable part in world banking system. Otherwise, World Bank is one of the most popular bank in Bangladesh. With the job chances in World Bank,anyone can take this opportunity.
The World Bank Job Circular 2020
Post Name: Digital Development Specialist
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org
The Digital Development Global Practice (DD) is part of the Bank’s Infrastructure Practice Group.
It plays a critical role in enabling the achievements of the Twin goals and the Sustainable Development Goals. Digital technologies are transforming firms, governments and people’s lives; and with the digital economy growing at a rate significantly higher than that of the global economy, it offers emerging economies a unique opportunity to leapfrog traditional paths for development through digital solutions.
Collaborating across technical, geographic and institutional boundaries, the Digital Development team helps design and deliver ICT-enhanced solutions to a diverse range of clients. The team supports clients (i) through advisory assistance to establish policy and regulatory environments that allow the widespread use of technology and create a trust environment; (ii) lending operations by building infrastructure to connect the unconnected, or enabling digital government shared platforms (cloud, digital, identification, etc.).
The DD Global Practice is led by a Director supported by two Practice Managers with specific regional responsibilities and a Program Manager for ID4D. The IDD01 Unit is responsible of the Digital Development activities and portfolio in the East Asia and Pacific, South Asia, Latin America & Caribbean, and Europe & Central Asia regions, including lending, supervision and analytical work.
The IDD01 Unit is looking for a Digital Development (DD) Specialist to be based in Dhaka, Bangladesh. English is essential for this position. The DD Specialist will report to the Practice Manager.
Duties and responsibilities:
The DD Specialist will support the GP’s activities in Bangladesh, including lending operations and policy dialogue, and its support to other global practices looking to maximize the impact of digital development across economic and social sectors. The DD Specialist shall be:
• Supporting the design, preparation, and supervision of World Bank Group-financed digital development related investment and policy reform programs in client countries with a particular emphasis on stimulating development of digital platforms, including the ecosystem of inter-related policies, strategies, institutions, laws and regulations relevant to data, data-driven transformation of government and digitalization of government, the enhancement of the ICT sector, the economy and society in the project or analytical work within the country context.
• Participating in activities to make recommendations to clients on strategies, best practices and design of programs to develop the foundations of their digital economies. This may include participating in complex technical assistance activities and providing ad hoc technical and strategic expertise on the design of the overall policy, legal, regulatory and institutional framework for the ICT / Digital Economy sector and wider digital transformation as well as IT functions and digital services delivery within governments.
• Providing technical expertise and advice on a range of policy and regulatory issues to promote competition, private sector investment and innovation as relates to the development of digital platforms in the digital economy, with the aim of achieving by 2030 people, businesses and governments to be digitally enabled.
• Engaging with colleagues working in other sectors (including agriculture, health, education, energy, financial services, transport, etc.) innovative and practical approaches to leverage digital technologies to improve service delivery and efficiency in the respective sectors and to stimulate digital innovation, entrepreneurship and investment in those sectors by private sector actors.
• Supporting senior specialists in policy dialogue on digital platforms, with senior officials of client countries, regional institutions and development partner agencies.
• Preparing for publication best practice notes and reports on new approaches, business models, technologies and other innovations in digital platforms.
• Performing economic and financial analysis (market models, business models, banking cases, etc.) to inform decisions on project designs, PPP schemes, financing plans, etc. in support of digital transformation, platforms, and economic development.
• Representing the DD GP and the Bank at digital development related fora and events, as well as liaison in the above areas with key external partners.
Master’s degree in telecommunications, engineering, computer science, law, economics, public policy or related field with a minimum of 5 years of experience in ICT / Digital Economy policy and regulation and/or ICT / Digital Economy project design and implementation, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrates solid knowledge of the ecosystem of inter-related policies, strategies, institutions, laws and regulations relevant to data, data-driven transformation of government and digitalization of government, the enhancement of the ICT sector, the economy and society in the project or analytical work within the country context.
• Demonstrates a sound understanding of the application of new technologies, platforms and associated architectures at regional, national and sector levels.
• Demonstrates solid understanding of program management in the context of digital/e-government, shared economy/platforms, digital economy and integrated ICT solutions.
• Demonstrates a working knowledge of a range of government infrastructure, data and service platform related financing and networked models (including open source), and how to structure and implement them.
• Ability to conduct a range of digital government, creative/ICT sector and digital economy assessments, financial and business case analyses.
• Demonstrates solid knowledge of maximizing finance for development options, procurement issues and structures enabling digital government, associated platforms and services and specific digital sectors in the economy.
• Demonstrates an understanding and competency in business development skills and client engagement.
• Assesses client needs in relation to the digital transformation and adoption trends, SDGs and the available Bank diagnostics and instruments.
• Ability to support core business development tasks, such as preparing project proposals, drafting project concept notes, facilitating client co-design workshops, understanding and complying with operational procedures in relation to new business opportunities.
• Ability to structure and deliver a full project concept, program, or activity with supervision of senior staff.
• Engages and builds strong networks with the range of international organizations, thinktanks, academic institutions, private companies with whom the WB can collaborate and bring value to client developments.
• Excellent conceptual and analytical skills, including ability to think strategically and innovatively about the role of digital technologies for socio-economic development and for transformation in other sectors of the economy.
• Strong technical and operational skills as evidenced in a record of participating in or leading / co-leading the delivery of projects within the Bank or similar type of projects/products for other entities.
• Strong understanding of digital technology and digitally enabled business model trends relevant to socio-economic development in the Asian context and enthusiasm to stay abreast of new innovations.
• Strong client engagement skills, taking responsibility and accountability for timely response to client queries, requests or needs, working to remove obstacles that may impede execution or project success.
• Excellent written communication skills in English as demonstrated in a proven track record of effectively delivering technical information in a clear, easily understandable and effective manner.
• Excellent presentation skills, using charts, graphs and other data presentation techniques appropriately to communicate data, technical information, or complex concepts to non-specialists.
• Strong drive for results, taking personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results.
• Strong business judgment and analytical decision making, analyzing facts and data to support sound and logical business decisions.
• Proven ability to function effectively as a team member of multi-disciplinary teams and resolve conflicts constructively.
• Prior work experience in Bangladesh, in the South Asia or the East Asia and the Pacific regions, and good knowledge of Digital Economy and Digital • Platform issues in one of these regions is a plus.
• Willingness and ability to travel.
• Proficiency in English is essential.
Click here for the five WBG Core Competencies for all staff: https://bit.ly/2kbIA7O
Check The World Bank All Recent job Circular Posted On BD jobs